1.7.10

Dreaming of...



Canada! Yes, as to be expected, today I'm reflecting on this lovely country I live in. I feel so lucky to have been born here.
 
Top 10 reasons I love Canada (in no particular order):
1. Great outdoors complete with wildlife. It's amazing to me that I can drive three hours from a city and feel so humbled by nature and all her little creatures (bears scare me). 
2. Winter – with lots of snow. Perfect for tobogganing, skating, skiing, hot chocolate and leaving your groceries in the car while you run other errands. 
3. The mix of cultures in Canada and the variety of festivals to celebrate them all. Plus all the fantastic restaurants we have to choose from as a result. 
4. Opportunities, there is an amazing variety of jobs in this country. And although women don't have the exact same opportunities as men, I feel that in Canada we're making progress. 
5. All of our large Canadian monuments. There are so many, if you don't believe me you can check them out here
6. CBC! 
7. Summer storms – the most fantastic way to end a hot summer day is to watch the sky snap and pop with lightning and thunder. 
8. The way Canadians maximize their spring & summer with early flip flops and heated patios when there's still snow on the ground. 
9. Canadian geography – the most amazing variety. 
10. How fanatical Canadians are for hockey and how amazed you are when you realize not everyone agrees. 

Why do you love Canada? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails