4.7.11

Eating Animals



Yesterday  I completed the book Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. He's more known for his novels- Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Neither of which I have read, though I probably should. 

I sort of figured a book called Eating Animals would ask some hard questions and that it might effect the way I looked at food.  I even waited to start it until after we'd returned from our Paris-Portugal-Madrid-Honeymoon adventure before starting it. Thinking ahead to places like Spain and the famous jambon (didn't want to think about where that cured meat had come from). 

Basically without saying too much it's a good book that points out a lot about the production of animals/meat that most of us, likely, already suspect. I think best of all he presents all sides. Although he does argue for vegetarianism, he also speaks highly of responsible farming and the importance of becoming informed about the farm and slaughterhouse you support when you make your purchases.

So, good news... there are options. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails