8.5.11

Hola from Porto

Blurry photo of the view from our room this afternoon.

Hola, I hope you are all well. Today J and I flew via Ryanair from Paris to Porto, Portugal. I do not love to fly and this flight did not help change my mind. It`s a discount airline and all I could think was, `this pilot just got his license.` Though it ended up being just fine. We arrived safe and sound, though hungry, tired and dizzy (okay I was dizzy) -- J was a trooper as always.

We happily found out hostel (careful, the website has music) and could not be more pleased with how lovely the atmosphere is. As I type I can look out the window to the river, I can hear music playing and birds chirping (they have a few little birdies in the living area) and the bustle of people gathering to cook in the kitchen. A welcome slower pace after the busy streets of Paris.

Tonight we plan to take it easy and plan, a little, for our road trip in the Douro.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails